Please visit BLOG for Parents Council Noticeboard and News
Welcome to our Parents' Council
We are very fortunate to have a very vibrant, committed, honest and hard-working Parents' Council in our college. All parents/guardians of students attending Oatlands College are deemed to be members of the Parents Council. We have representatives of each year group on the Parents' Council committee which meets monthly during term time, usually on the first Tuesday of each month. We also have an active and enthusiastic group of volunteer parents who assist during the year at some of our larger events, for example The Christmas Fair and The School Musical.
The Parents' Council is as follows:
- Ms , Chairperson
- Ms , Secretary
- Ms Tara Kavanagh, Treasurer
- Ms Caroline Garrett, Principal
- Ms Una O'Brien and Ms Barbara Carrick - Parent Respresentatives on the Board of Management
As a representative body we:
- foster co-operation between the parents/guardians, student council, teachers and college management
- provides a forum to represent views or an opportunity for the parents/guardians to express their ideas to the college management
- provide feedback/input into development and amendment of school policies
- help fundraise for the school
The Parents Council assist and support the college as follows:
We are very happy to hear from the school parent body. You can contact us directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Parents Council maintain a list of Volunteers of parents who are unable to commit to our regular committee meetings but may be available to help us at some of our larger events. If you would like to be included on this list please email us.
Oatlands College Parents Council Representatives 2019/20
*Our Board of Management parents representatives were elected to the Board at the Parents Council Annual General Meeting (AGM) in September 2015. They will serve for a period of 3 years.
Parents' Council Letters
Parents' Council Constitution
Parents Council AGM Accounts